SESSION 2: Barry Prizant PhD SLP | Putting the Right Supports in Place for Bright Kids with Autism
Dr. Barry Prizant addresses common myths about the experience of people with Autism, and sheds light on what children on the Spectrum are communicating through their behaviors. He shares specific strategies for both preventing and responding to difficult behaviors with confidence.
He helps parents cultivate a deeper, more connected relationship with their 2e child by answering questions like:
- What is my child communicating through their behavior?
- How can I help them anticipate overwhelm, and self-regulate?
- What are the best strategies for creating a predictable environment
- within the reality of our fast paced life?
- How do I address the social challenges my child faces?
- How do we regulate video games and screen time?
Dr. Barry Prizant is recognized as one of the world’s leading scholars in autism spectrum disorders and communication disabilities, with more than 40 years experience as a researcher and international consultant for individuals with ASD and related disabilities. He is a certified Speech-Language Pathologist, an Adjunct Professor at Brown University, and Director of Childhood Communication Services, a private practice. He is a member of the Professional Advisory Board of the Autism Society of America. Publications include four books, 130 chapters and articles and The SCERTS Modelmanuals, an educational approach now being implemented in more than a dozen countries. Barry has presented more than 800 seminars and keynote addresses internationally. His most recent book is Uniquely Human: A Different Way of Seeing Autism, winner of the 2017 Autism Society of America’s Temple Grandin Award for Outstanding Literary Work.
- Uniquely Human: A Different Way of Seeing Autism
- The Scerts Model: A Comprehensive Educational Approach for Children With Autism Spectrum Disorders (2 volume set)
Website & Social Media: