SESSION 1: Ned Hallowell MD | Ferrari Engine/Bicycle Brakes: Helping Your Bright Child with ADHD Thrive
Dr. Hallowell treats us to his personal journey from a young boy with ADHD and several Adverse Childhood Experiences, to becoming a wildly successful husband, father, psychiatrist, author, and speaker. He shows us the keys to unlocking confidence, connection, strength, and community for our bright kids with ADHD. He speaks to the challenges of raising these bright and quirky kids, and offers supportive strategies for thriving as their parents.
Edward (Ned) Hallowell, M.D., is a board-certified child and adult psychiatrist, a thought leader, a NY Times bestselling author, a world-renowned keynote speaker and a leading authority in the field of ADHD. He is the Founder of The Hallowell Centers in Boston MetroWest, New York City, San Francisco and Seattle. He is a graduate of Harvard College and Tulane Medical School and was a Harvard Medical School faculty member for 21 years. Dr. Hallowell now devotes his full professional attention to his clinical practice at the Hallowell Centers, speaking to audiences around the world, writing books and hosting the Distraction podcast. He has authored 20 books on various psychological topics, including ADHD (and the 1994 Driven to Distraction that sparked a revolution in our understanding of ADHD), the power of human connection, the childhood roots of adult happiness, how to help your people SHINE, forgiveness, managing worry and managing your “crazy busy” lives. His Memoir, Because I Come From A Crazy Family The Making Of A Psychiatrist was released June 12, 2018.
- Driven to Distraction (Revised): Recognizing and Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder
- Because I Come from a Crazy Family: The Making of a Psychiatrist
- Delivered from Distraction: Getting the Most out of Life with Attention Deficit Disorder
- Superparenting for ADD: An Innovative Approach to Raising Your Distracted Child:
- The Childhood Roots of Adult Happiness: Five Steps to Help Kids Create and Sustain Lifelong Joy:
Website & Social Media:
- Boston, NYC, San Francisco, Seattle http://www.drhallowell.com/the-hallowell-centers/